Banana, Apple, and Chia Pancakes
Recipe by Viv Culverwell at @viv.culverwell
What’s better than waking up to a delicious and nutritious, guilt-free breakfast? Viv’s recipe holds an abundance of flavour and is sure to satisfy any cravings. For an extra-nutritious punch top your sugar-free pancakes with an assortment of fruits, greek yogurt, a nut-based butter or raw maple syrup. Experiment with your toppings, they have the ability to give your pancakes a fresh new flavour every time.
Protein packed pancakes are a great, nutritious way to start an active morning, and you can find more like this one here.
- 180g Banana
- 100g Plain Chobani less than 0.5% fat yogurt
- 2 Large eggs
- 60g Organic buckwheat flour
- 70g Unsweetened Sweet Valley Apple Puree
- 10g Chia seeds
- 75g Zucchini
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 x Natvia stevia sticks
- 5 – 10ml Olive oil (this is for cooking)
- In a blender combine all the above ingredients excluding the Olive oil. Blend on high until smooth.
- Use a basting brush to brush some cooking oil (above) onto the base of a pan on the stove and allow this to heat, until reasonably hot.
- Each mini pancake I made contained about 1/4 cup of mixture or 60ml.
- Place the mixture onto the hot pan and cook. You know it’s time to flip the pancake when you begin to see bubbles in the batter form about three-quarters of the way through. Repeat this with the remaining batter, using the cooking oil to moisten the pan when necessary.
- Store in an airtight container and keep your pancakes fresh throughout the week.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.