Vegan Rum balls
It’s back to school all over again which means soon enough a lot of us will start packing school lunches again, making the decision day in day out, what do I feed my kids. While supermarket options seem simple and easy enough, you might be surprised to know just how much sugar is packed into kid’s school treats. It doesn’t help that those are the treats, kids kicking and screaming, fight for. So what do we do? On top of making sure lunch boxes are packed with a variety of fruits and vegetables, it’s also a great idea to turn some usually sugar-laden treats sugar-free.
We’ve turned the usually sugar laden rum balls into a healthy treat you don’t need to feel guilty about packing into your child’s (or our own) lunch box!
- 3/4 cup coconut cream, chilled (not the liquid)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 ½ cups Desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup cacao/chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp rum flavouring (optional)
- ¼ cup Natvia
- 2 tsp maca powder
- Reserving ½ cup of the desiccated coconut, combine the rest of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until combined. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and roll in the remaining desiccated coconut. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Keep cool. If packing into a lunch box pack with a frozen bottle of water or icepack.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!