Vegan Orange Chocolate Mousse
Recipe by Kirstyn at @drkirstxo
I’ve taken dessert to a whole new level… this recipe looks kinda difficult but actually, it was super easy! Plus it is sugar-free, cholesterol free, dairy free, egg free, gluten free… guilt free! So if you have someone special to impress or just want to treat yourself give this a shot 😊 It was my first time using aqua faba and I am so pleasantly surprised at how it worked I’m going to be using it all the time now!
Preparation and setting time:
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 250 ml coconut cream, whipped until thickened
- 180 ml aqua faba (the water from one can of chickpeas – use the chickpeas for something else delicious like hummus. Make sure you use unsalted chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup Natvia baking stevia
- Zest from one orange plus extra for topping
- 1 tbs cacao nibs for topping
- Melt together coconut oil, vanilla paste and cacao powder in a saucepan over low heat. Stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and slowly fold in whipped coconut cream. Set aside.
- In a clean bowl with clean beaters beat the aqua faba until it is thick and fluffy and has increased in volume (5-10 minutes).
- Add Natvia baking stevia to the fluffy aqua faba and beat until just combined
- Fold through the chocolate coconut cream mixture
- Fold through the orange zest.
- Adjust flavour with extra zest as desired.
- Spoon into individual glasses or bowls and allow to set for at least 30 mins.
- Top with orange zest and cacao nibs! Enjoy!
You can see more of Kirstyn’s delicious recipes over on her Instagram at@drkirstxo
You can also find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback, so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.