Vegan Hedgehog Slice
A classic chocolate hedgehog slice made without sugar, but wait, it is also vegan you say? Yes indeed another sugar free vegan recipe from Natvia. This is a perfect Easter treat or for any time of year. Everyone loves a simple hedgehog slice, especially when it is vegan. This recipe is sugar-free, made with Natvia 100% natural sweetener as well as using only sugar-free chocolate. A healthy alternative to an animal-product filled hedgehog slice (no, not literal hedgehogs).
1 cup walnuts
2 tbsp cocoa
3 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 cup puffed rice
1/4 cup Natvia
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
150g sugar free dark chocolate
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Line a loaf tin or baking tray of your own choosing with baking paper.
- Roughly chop the walnuts and place in a large mixing bowl
- Also add to the mixing bowl; Natvia, cocoa, coconut and puffed rice.
- Stir together and mix until combined.
- Add 1/4 cup melted coconut oil and stir again.
- Spoon this mixture evenly into the baking tray that you have chosen.
- Melt the dark chocolate, along with 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil.
- Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the packed baking tray of hedgehog goodies.
- Spread evenly and place in the freezer for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy a crunchy vegan chocolate hedgehog (not the animal!) slice.