Sugar-Free Carrot Cake
Recipe by Andrea Love at eatnik.com.au
Carrot cakes are one the best accompaniments to a nice warm cuppa. It’s earthy and nutty undertones compliment it’s deliciously rich cream cheese icing perfectly. Now you can enjoy tea time guilt-free with our sugar-free carrot cake recipe. This treat is perfect for entertaining and will be an instant hit!
Happy baking 🙂
- Spray oil
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup Natvia Natural Sweetener
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 large carrots, grated
- ½ cup walnuts, plus extra to top
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 250g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Natvia Natural sweetener
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Spray a loaf tin with oil and line with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, add flours, baking powder, Natvia, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg and stir to combine. Add grated carrot, coconut, walnuts and sultanas and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Add liquids to dry ingredients and stir till mixed. Pour into prepared baking tin and bake for 45 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cook in tin for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. To make icing, beat together the cream cheese, Natvia and lemon zest until smooth. Spread on top of cake when it is completely cooled. Sprinkle extra walnuts on top.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so make sure to comment below!