Who doesn’t love the warm, comforting scent of biscuits baking away in the oven? For this recipe, we’ve baked up some super delicious, super traditional biscuits, a.k.a Biscotti. Originally hailing from a town in Italy called Prato, Biscotti is a traditional Italian almond biscuit. Twice baked to dry the biscuit out, Biscotti were made to store for extended periods of time during long journeys. Nowadays, Biscotti offers a refreshingly different take on our current short bread biscuit obsession.
What’s great about this recipe is that you can now too enjoy and indulge in traditional Biscotto the sugar-free way! Sugar-free and dairy-free, we definitely recommend backing up some Biscotti and sharing the experience with friends and family. They look and taste a lot different to what you’re probably used to buying from the shops and that’s what makes them so unique and delicious!
Makes: 16-18 cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Natvia
- ¾ cup Plain Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven at 180C
- Whisk together the egg and vanilla. Add the Natvia and stir to combine.
- Sift in the Plain Flour, baking powder stir to combine. Add the almonds and stir until just combined
- Form into a log and place on a baking paper lined tray. Bake for 30 minutes and then remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Lower the oven temperature to 120C
- Slice the log with a sharp knife and lay on the lined tray again. Bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so make sure to leave us a comment below, we can’t wait to hear what you think!