Sticky Date Chocolate Muffins
Recipe by Claudia at @Myhealedkitchen
Impatient but just NEED a muffin? These Sticky Date Chocolate Muffins take no time at all and are absolutely delicious. Swapping in organic low-sugar chocolate in place of regular milk chocolate, this recipe is void of all added and refined sugars, making this muffins the perfect little treat!
160g Organic dark chocolate
250g Almond meal
200g Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
4 Tablespoons Natvia
4 eggs, beaten
40g Coconut oil, melted and cooled
200ml unsweetened almond milk
1 1/2 tsps gluten-free baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a muffin tin with patty pans
- Place the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a simmering water until melted. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, Natvia, dates and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, and coconut oil and add to the dry ingredients along with the melted chocolate to form a muffin mixture.
- Fill up the prepared patty pans approximately 2/3 full and bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until cooked when a skewer is inserted.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for 1 minutes.
Makes 10 muffins.