This recipe comes from our brand new sugar-free cookbook in collaboration with New Idea Food! There’s over 100 sweet and savoury sugar-free dishes and treats to make. Find the magazine in store now at Coles and Woolworths and get baking!
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 125 unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
- 1/3 Cup Natvia
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla bean paste
- 2 Cups plain flour
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp milk
- 1/3 Cup shelled unsalted pistachios (50g)
- Beat butter and Natvia in a large bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Beat egg and vanilla until just combined.
- Add combined sifted flour and baking powder with milk in two batches. Stir to form a dough. Divide dough in half.
- Transfer one half of dough to a sheet of baking paper. Shape into a 20cm log (4cm diameter). Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place pistachios in a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Transfer to a plate. Roll logs in pistachios to cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Trim ends from both logs. Cut into 1/2 cm thick rounds. Place 2cm apart, on two large oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly golden around edges. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Make sure to get your copy of our SUGAR-FREE COOKBOOK! With over 100 + sweet and savoury sugar-free recipes you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes time to whip up your next dish. Find our cookbook in collaboration with New Idea in stores at Coles and Woolworths, while stocks last.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!