Peanut Butter Jelly (jam) Doughnuts
- 3/4 cup mixed blueberries & raspberries
- 1/2 lemon – juice
- 2 tbsp Natvia
- 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Natvia
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered Natvia (icing mix)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Start by making the jelly. Add 3/4 cup of the mixed blueberries and raspberries to a pot/pan.
- Add the juice from 1/2 a lemon, 2 tbsp Natvia.
- Simmer over medium heat until the berries start to reduce.
- Stir, then strain the berries into a new bowl and set aside.
- Now add 1 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour to a new bowl, along with 1/3 cup Natvia, 1/2 tsp bi-carb soda, 1 tsp baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients together until combined.
- Add 1 large egg to a new smaller mixing bowl and whisk the egg.
- Add 1/2 cup buttermilk to the egg and continue to whisk.
- Add 1/4 cup vegetable oil to the egg mix and stir.
- Now add the egg, oil, and buttermilk mixture to the dry mixture from step 7.
- Mix until thoroughly combined, adding a touch of milk if required.
- Once mixed, spray a doughnut moulds tray with oil and spoon doughnut mixture into tray.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes at 200°C, or until golden brown.
- Whilst baking, begin to make the icing by adding 2 tsbp peanut butter to a new mixing bowl.
- Add 1 tsp vanilla essence and 1/4 cup milk, then mix well with a fork.
- Add 1/2 cup powdered Natvia (Natvia Icing Mix – or just blend normal Natvia finer).
- Mix well with a fork and add a small amount of milk if necessary consistency is not reached.
- Once mixed, take the fresh baked doughnuts and dip them both sides in the peanut butter mixture.
- Pipe the finished jelly/jam onto the doughnuts, top with crushed peanuts and serve!
Check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos: Healthy Treats!