Mango Protein Nice Cream
Recipe by Viv Culverwell at @viv.culverwell
Who doesn’t LOVE ice cream? This creamy delight is always full of flavour, unfortunately, it’s also usually full of a whole lot of nasties, making this delicious treat not so healthy. Thankfully, @viv.culverwell is to the rescue with this delicious and far more nutritious Mango Protein Nice Icecream!
Packed with protein and naturally derived Mango sugars, this small recipe could even be eaten for breakfast!
We’re not limiting you though, we sure you have a number of ideas on how to add that extra something to make this dish fresh and new each time. Below are also a couple of healthy and refined-sugar-free topping options for to enjoy! Let us know what combinations you come up with!
- 300g Frozen mango
- 45g unflavoured whey
- 100ml Unsweetened Almond milk
- 1 x Natvia stevia stick
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth. For added sweetness add 1 x Natvia stevia stick. Divide into 3 even portions and Serve immediately and place
- Divide into 3 even portions and Serve immediately and place leftovers in the freezer. So much better than your average ice cream which will have fat and carbs contents through the roof!
You can do different variations of it too!
- Add Cacao 10g to make chocolate ice cream
- Add 1 tsp instant coffee or a shot of espresso to make coffee ice cream and top with walnuts
- Add 100g blueberries for a berry twist
Makes 3 servings
Macros per serve: Carbs 13g / Fat 1g / Protein 14g
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.