Lemon tarts are absolutely delicious and the perfect dessert dishes to share with your friends and family. Our new sugar-free Lemon Tart is no exception, happy baking!
This recipe comes from our brand new sugar-free cook book in collaboration with New Idea Food! There’s over 100 sweet and savoury sugar-free dishs and treats to make. Find the magazine in store now at Coles and Woolworths and get baking!
Prep time: 45 Mins
Cook: 8 mins
- 250g packet sugar-free
- digestive biscuits, chopped
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- Double cream, to serve
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup Natvia
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 125g unsalted butter, chopped
- Lightly grease a 24cm round loose base flan tin.
- Process biscuits and coconut in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined.
- Press biscuit mixture over base and up side of prepared tin. Place on an oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 8 minutes, or until light golden. Cool.
- To make filling, whisk eggs, Natvia and juice in a large, heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Don’t allow water to touch the base of the bowl.
- Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for about 20 minutes, or until thickened. Don’t allow filling to boil. Remove bowl from heat. Add butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling into biscuit base. Cool slightly. Refrigerate overnight, or until firm.
- Remove tart from tin. Serve with cream.
Tip: Filling is ready when it’s a thick, dollop consistency. You will need about 4 lemons for 2/3 cup juice. Once filling is set, store tart in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!