Lemon Ricotta Cake
Recipe by Andrea at @eatnik0nline
- 150g butter
- 3/4 cup Natvia Natural Sweetener
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup smooth ricotta
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest (approximately 1 large lemon)
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- Fresh strawberries and cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Grease a 17-18cm cake tin with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- In a mixer, beat butter and sweetener until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolks, ricotta, lemon juice and lemon zest and mix to combine.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix again until incorporated.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold this into the cake batter. Pour into cake tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with fresh berries and a dollop of cream.
You can see more of Andrea’s delicious recipes over on her website at www.eatnik.com.au
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.