It’s back to school all over again which means soon enough a lot of us will start packing school lunches again, making the decision day in day out, what do I feed my kids. While supermarket options seem simple and easy enough, you might be surprised to know just how much sugar is packed into kid’s school treats. It doesn’t help that those are the treats, kids kicking and screaming, fight for. So what do we do? On top of making sure lunch boxes are packed with a variety of fruits and vegetables, it’s also a great idea to turn some usually sugar-laden treats sugar-free.
We’ve taken out all the refined sugars of a favourite puffed rice bar to give your kids the option of something familiar, now guilt-free! Pack these healthy LCM bars with a nutritious sandwich and a serving of fruit and you can be sure your child is nutritiously fuelled for the day.
- 2 cups puffed rice
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- ½ cup Natvia
- ¼ cup tahini/sunflower seeds butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine the puffed rice, desiccated coconut, chia seeds and Natvia in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients and then pour over the rice puff mixture. Stir to coat and then press into a baking paper lined loaf tin. Place in the refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
- Slice into bars and enjoy
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!