Healthy Afghan Cookies
A traditional New Zealand biscuit, these Afghan Cookies are pure chocolatey goodness. Usually laden with refined sugars, we’ve taken that all out, making this the healthiest Afghan Cookie you’ll ever eat. Not just that, but they’re vegan and we’ve made this super easy to put together with just 5 ingredients! There’s almost no excuse to whip these up!
Topped with a delicious walnut, these Afghan Cookies are a delight to eat and are a great simple treat to bake up for guests. What are you waiting for?
Prep time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 125g sugar-free almond butter
- 1/3 cup Natvia
- 2 cups Walnuts, plus 12 extra
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ cup sugar-free dark Chocolate chips
- Using a fork, mix the almond butter and Natvia until thoroughly combined.
- Place the walnuts in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until they form a fine meal. Add to the bowl of almond butter and Natvia. Sift over raw cacao powder and stir until thoroughly combined. Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray. Press down with a fork to flatten. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 180C for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and stand for 1 minute. Remove to a wire rack, above a sheet of baking paper to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Spoon a small amount on top of each cookie. Press a walnut firmly into the chocolate of each cookie and stand for 30 minutes or until set.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!