Mango and Coconut Banana Bread
Banana bread is always welcome at breakfast and brunch (and lunch, after dinner, before bed, 2 am) and we’re building upon this loved treat with the tropical flavours of mango and coconut, what’s not to love! Not only is this a recipe a delicious twist on a loved classic, but now almost anyone can enjoy it with this super easy, super rewarding, vegan and gluten-free recipe!
- 3/4 Cup Coconut flour
- 1 Cup Almond flour
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Baking soda
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 Cup moist coconut flakes
- 1/3 Cup Natvia
- 1/3 Cup of melted coconut oil
- 3 Large overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 Ripe mango, chopped and slice
- 1 Tbsp Desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp Coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp Natvia Icing Sugar (or blend Natvia to a finer consistency if you don’t have Icing Mix)
- Mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and coconut in a bowl and stir well.
- In another bowl, mash bananas until smooth. Combine the wet and dry mixtures and stir until incorporated
- Use 1/3 of the mixture and smooth into the bottom of a well-oiled loaf tin to form a thin, even layer. Place a layer of mango slices on top and layer with another 1/3 of the batter. Repeat, topping the loaf with a layer of sliced mango.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 50 minutes and allow to cool.
- For the drizzle, mix together the coconut drizzle ingredients in a small bowl and pour over the cooled loaf.
Store in an airtight container for freshness,
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself and be sure to share it with us.