Fluffy Lemon Blueberry Scones with a Lemon Drizzle
Recipe by Lauren at Healthy n’ Happy
Add a special twist to a classic dessert treat. Add some extra fruit to your usual scone recipe with our Fluffy Lemon, Blueberry Scones with Lemon Drizzle! You read correctly.
This is the ultimate weekend breakfast treat to wake up to, so what are you waiting for?
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 175mL buttermilk (to make pour ½ tablespoon lemon juice (15mL) into a jug and top the rest (160mL) with soy milk. Leave to sit for 10 minutes.)
- 2 cups (250g) plain all-purpose flour
- 2½ teaspoons (10g) baking powder
- ⅓ cup (65g) baking Natvia
- ½ teaspoon salt
- zest of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup (50g) vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125g) frozen blueberries
- ½ cup (70g) Natvia icing sugar
- 3 teaspoons (15mL) lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C/ 392°F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and dust lightly with flour.
- Make the scones by making the buttermilk first. Meanwhile sift the flour, baking powder, Nativa and salt into a large mixing bowl. Stir through the lemon zest.
- Rub in the butter using your fingers. The mixture should look a little like wet sand.
- Stir in the buttermilk and vanilla using the sharp end of a butter knife. This helps to cut through the butter in the dough. Gently fold through the blueberries, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- Using your hands bring the dough together to a large ball. Transfer to the baking tray and flatten it down to make a 20cm/ 8 inch round. Cut into 8 wedges and place each wedge 5cm/ 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, they should be lightly golden in appearance. Leave to cool on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with glaze once cool.
- To make the glaze, mix both ingredients together to form a thin paste.
Best eaten fresh.
Store covered in the fridge for 3 days.
You can see more of Lauren delicious recipes over on her Instagram at Healthy n’ Happy
You can also find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s archive of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback, so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us.