Fig Chocolate Cakes with Fudge Sauce
A delicious classic chocolate cake with a deliciously fruity twist. Indulge with these Fig Choc cakes with Fudge Sauce! These Fig Cakes melt in your mouth and with the addition of fig, adds something special to dessert treat.
This recipe comes from our brand new sugar-free cook book in collaboration with New Idea Food! There’s over 100 sweet and savoury sugar-free dishes and treats to make. Find the magazine in store now at Coles and Woolworths and get baking!
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minuetrs
- 1 Cup chopped soft and juicy dried figs (200g)
- 1 Cup water
- 75g Unsalted butter, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Natvia
- 2 x 90g Block of no added sugar dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 Tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Cup self-raising flour
- 3 Tsps cocoa powder
- Whipped cream, to serve
- 90g Black of no added chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 Cup thickened cream
- Grease a six-hole Texas muffin pan (3/4 cup capacity)
- Place figs, water, butter, Natvia and half the chocolate in a medium saucepan over a medium to high heat. Stir until butter and chocolate are melted. Bring to boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in soda. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool.
- Stir eggs into fig mixture. Add combined sifted flour and cocoa with remaining chocolate. Stir to combine. Divide evenly among prepared pan holes
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes or until cakes spring back when touched lightly. Stand in pan for 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, stir in chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over a low heat until melted and smooth.
- Serve cakes warm with sauce and cream.
Make sure to get your copy of our SUGAR-FREE COOKBOOK! With over 100 + sweet and savoury sugar-free recipes you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes time to whip up your next dish. Find our cookbook in collaboration with New Idea in stores at Coles and Woolworths, while stocks last.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!