Coffee & Hazelnut Biscotti
Recipe by Andrea Love at eatnik.com.au
It’s that time of year again, where the cool weather forces us to find comfort indoors rather than venturing out. Want to know one of the greatest ways to stay comfy and toasty indoors? Baking, of course! What’s better than snuggling up onto the couch in your favourite pajamas with the scent of your baked goods cooking away filling every inch of your house? Exactly.
One of our favourite winter treats is Biscotti, a traditionally Italian almond biscuit that requires a bit of a bite but it super tasty and fulfilling. Giving a twist to an old, and we mean really old, classic, we’re serving up one our favourite winter treats sugar-free! Not just that, we’ve replaced the almonds traditionally found in this recipe with hazelnuts giving this recipe a new and exciting flavour!
Happy baking 🙂
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 tsp instant espresso
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup Natvia Natural Sweetener
- 1 tbsp coffee liqueur (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup hazelnuts, toasted with skins removed
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and instant espresso.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, sweetener, coffee liqueur if using and vanilla extract. Gradually stir in the dry flour mix followed by the hazelnuts. A soft dough should form. If this mixture is too wet or too dry, add a little more flour or liqueur.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Divide dough into two separate logs and place them evenly apart. Bake for 25 minutes, until the dough feels firm to touch.
- Remove logs from the oven and allow to cool for approximately 20 minutes. Using a serrated knife, cut logs into slices about one centimeter thick. Lay biscuits back on the baking tray and return to the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until biscuits are firm.
- Store biscotti in an airtight container and consume within three days.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so make sure to comment below!