Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch
Chocolate on your mind? Let’s get serious! We’ve put together the ultimate chocolate treat you can really sink your teeth into. This Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch is a delicious treat to have up your sleeve. Serve up something outside of your comfort zone and routine baked goods, you’ll never know just how much you’ll fall in love with this bite-worthy, refined sugar-free slice.
Out Chocolate Hazelnut Crunch can be divided by as big or small of a slice as you need, making them the perfect lunch box treat! So, if chocolate’s still on your mind, you might just want to sneak into the kitchen to whip up a batch of our Chocolate Hazelnut Crunches!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 125g Packet refined sugar-free chocolate chip biscuits, roughly chopped
- 4 x 90g Blocks refined sugar-free milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 Tblsp Natvia
- 1/2 Cup sultanas
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- Grease a 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Place hazelnuts on an oven tray. cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 minutes, or until browned and skins are starting to peel away. Wrap warm hazelnuts in a clean tea towel. Stand 5 minutes. Rub hazelnuts in a tea towel to remove skins. Reserve 1/3 cup. Roughly chop. Combine with 1/3 cup of the biscuits in bowl. set aside.
- Meanwhile, stir chocolate, butter, and Natvia in a bowl over a saucepan of just simmering water until smooth. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- Combine remaining hazelnuts and biscuits in a large bowl with sultanas.
- Stir egg into a warm chocolate mixture until combined. The mixture may look curdled. Add a sultana mixture. Stir to combine. Spread evenly over the base of prepared pan. Sprinkle over reserved hazelnut and biscuits, pressing firmly into slice.
- Refrigerate for several hours, or overnight until firm.
- Life from pan. Cut into small squares to serve.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!