Chocolate Almond Balls
Indulge in these not-so-guilty pleasures and add a nutritional punch to your day. Bliss balls are a great source of energy and these Chocolate Almond Balls do just the trick. Combining the nuttiness and nutritional value of everyone’s favourite almonds with a selection of oats, coconut, sunflower kernels, cacao and vanilla paste, these bliss balls aren’t just great for you but they taste the part too.
This recipe comes from our brand new sugar-free cook book in collaboration with New Idea Food! There’s over 100 sweet and savoury sugar-free dishes and treats to make. Find the magazine in store now at Coles and Woolworths and get baking!
Prep: 10 mins
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1/3 Cup traditional rolled oats
- 1/2 cup natural sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp Natvia
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup natural sliced almonds, chopped.
- Split dates in half. Remove and discard seeds.
- Place dates in a food processor with oats, almonds, coconut, sunflower kernels, cacao powder, Natvia and vanilla. Process until mixture is well combined and will hold when pressed together. This will take about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using clean hands, roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls. Roll in chopped almonds, pressing to coat.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Make sure to get your copy of our SUGAR-FREE COOKBOOK! With over 100 + sweet and savoury sugar-free recipes you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes time to whipping up your next dish. Find our cookbook in collaboration with New Idea in stores at Coles and Woolworths, while stocks last.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!