Choc Hazelnut Croissants
Recipe by Andrea Love at eatnik.com.au
It’s hard to say no to croissants, let alone when they’re covered head to toe in hazelnut chocolate. Treat yourself with this delicious refined sugar-free dish, it’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser!
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts
- 2 tsp Natvia Natural Sweetener
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 sheets store-bought puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. In a food processor, or high-powered blender, place raw hazelnuts. Pulse, scraping the sides down regularly, until a thick nut butter forms. This can take between 15-25 minutes, depending on your appliance. Nuts will become a crumb first and then release their oils to transform into a smooth paste, so be patient!
- Add in the sweetener and cocoa powder and process again until combined. If the nut butter is too thick, two teaspoons of peanut oil can be blended in to thin it out to a spreadable consistency.
- Cut square of defrosted pastry in half, into a rectangle. Within each rectangle, cut diagonally from corner to corner, creating two triangles – or four in total for the sheet.
- Spoon approximately one tablespoon of nut butter on the wider end of the pastry triangle and spread upwards for about one third of the pastry. From the larger end, roll pastry up. Bend sides to make a croissant crescent shape.
- Place croissants on a tray lined with baking paper, and brush each one with the lightly beaten egg. Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so make sure to comment below!