Carrot and Walnut Bites
Try your hand at these deliciously nutty Carrot and Walnut Bites. Full of flavour, you won’t believe how simple these are to make! These Carrot and Walnut Bites can be made up to 5 days in advance and still remain fresh! What’s great about this recipe is that the walnuts can be replaced with just about any other nut. If you’re feeling adventurous, why not replace the walnuts with almonds?
This recipe comes from our brand new sugar-free cook book in collaboration with New Idea Food! There’s over 100 sweet and savoury sugar-free dishes and treats to make. Find the magazine in store now at Coles and Woolworths and get baking!
Prep: 20 mins
- 2 Cups pitted, dried dates
- 1 Carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1 Tblsp Natvia
- 1 Tsp Finely grated orange rind
- 1 Cup walnuts
- 100g Granita biscuits, broken
- 1/2 Tsp mixed spice
- Place dates, carrot, Natvia, and rind in a food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Add 1/4 cup of the coconut, walnuts, biscuits and mixed spice. Pulse until mixture starts to come together. Transfer to a bowl.
- Using clean hands, roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Toss in remaining coconut. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Refrigerate, covered for about 2 hours until firm.
Make sure to get your copy of our SUGAR-FREE COOKBOOK! With over 100 + sweet and savoury sugar-free recipes you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes time to whipping up your next dish. Find our cookbook in collaboration with New Idea in stores at Coles and Woolworths, while stocks last.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!