Bread and Butter pudding
Sweet, delicious and sugar-free, this Bread and Butter Pudding is a beautifully warm and delicate dessert treat, best served warm! Combining rich berry flavours that compliment not just the bread pudding but the cream served on top, bring this whole dish together.
This recipe comes from our brand new sugar-free cook book in collaboration with New Idea Food! There’s over 100 sweet and savoury sugar-free dishes and treats to make. Find the magazine in store now at Coles and Woolworths and get baking!
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
- Melted unsalted butter, for greasing
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 12 thick slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- Pure cream, to serve
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Natvia
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 2 tsps finely grated lemon grind
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Brush melted butter over base and side of a rectangular ovenproof dish (12 cup capacity)
- Spread softened butter onto one side of each bread slice. Cut in half diagonally. Arrange half the bread butter side up, in a single layer, slightly overlapping, over base of dish. Sprinkle over half the berries. Repeat with remaining bread and berries.
- To make the custard, whisk eggs, egg yolk, and Natvia in a large bowl. Add milk, cream, rind, and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Pour over bread in dish. Cover with foil. Stand for 1 hour to soak. Uncover.
- Place dish in a large roasting pan. Pour enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up the sides of the dish.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 1 hour, or until custard is set and top is crisp and golden. Remove pan. Stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm pudding with cream.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!