Apple Crumble Muffins
Recipe by Andrea Love at eatnik.com.au
One of the best fruits to include in your dessert dishes are apples. Something about an apple’s fresh and distinct flavour blends so nicely with common baking ingredients. It’s why we have apple pies, tarts, cakes, and baked pastry apple dishes. One of our favourite apple based desserts is an apple crumble and in this recipe, we’ve combined the flavour and texture of a crumble with the convenience and deliciousness a muffin ALWAYS offers.
These Apple Crumble Muffins are perfect for storing during the week and snacking, sugar-free, on your way to work in the morning!
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup Natvia Natural Sweetener
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup Natvia Natural Sweetener
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1.5 cups peeled and chopped apples (approximately 0.5×0.5cm squares or larger if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper liners.
- Crumble: in a bowl, whisk together flour, oats, sweetener and cinnamon. Pour in melted butter and mix with a fork until a crumble forms.
- Muffins: In a large bowl, whisk together oil, sweetener and buttermilk. Add eggs and vanilla and whisk again.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Gradually stir flour mix into the wet mix until just combined. Fold in chopped apples.
- Divide mixture evenly into prepared muffin tins and top with crumble mixture.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before enjoying. Muffins should be consumed within three days.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so make sure to comment below!