Apple and Blueberry Hazelnut Galette
The perfect treat for afternoon tea, this Apple and Blueberry Hazelnut Galette is absolutely delicious. Prepare this fruity recipe ahead of time and confidently entertain with this sugar-free not-to guilty pleasure!
This recipe comes from our brand new sugar-free cook book in collaboration with New Idea Food! There’s over 100 sweet and savoury sugar-free dishes and treats to make. Find the magazine in store now at Coles and Woolworths and get baking!
Prep: 25 mins
Cook: 45 mins
- 1/2 Cup hazelnuts
- 1 1/4 Cups plain flour
- 1/4 Cup self-raising flour
- 1 Tblsp Natvia
- 125g cold, unsalted butter, chopped
- 1 Tblsp cold water
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- Double cream, to serve
- 2 x 125g punnets blueberries
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 Tblsps Natvia
- 1 Tblsp cornflour
- 2 Tsps lemon juice
- Spread hazelnuts over an oven tray. Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 6 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
- Process hazelnuts in food processor to form a coarse meal. Add flours, Natvia and butter. Process until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water and egg. Process until mixture just comes together. Transfer to a clean bench. Shape into a disc. Refrigerate, covered, for 2 hours.
- To make filling, place all ingredients in a bowl. Toss well to combine.
- Roll dough between two sheets of baking paper to form a 30cm round. Remove top sheet of paper. Life paper and pastry round onto a large oven tray.
- Mound filling in centre of pastry round, leaving a 5cm border. Carefully fold pastry edges up and over to partly cover filling, slightly pleating, to create an edge. Use hands to form pastry into a neat round, sealing any cracks where necessary.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on tray.
- Serve with cream.
Make sure to get your copy of our SUGAR-FREE COOKBOOK! With over 100 + sweet and savoury sugar-free recipes you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes time to whipping up your next dish. Find our cookbook in collaboration with New Idea in stores at Coles and Woolworths, while stocks last.
You can find more sugar-free recipes like this one and more over on our blog or check out Natvia’s collection of delicious and sugar-free dessert videos over at Healthy Treats!
We love feedback so comment below and if you decide to make it yourself, be sure to share it with us. We can’t wait to hear what you think!